Friday 6 June 2008

But How's the Bike?!

I just found out that my dear friend Sally (who just became a new cyclist) was involved in an incident this morning.

After safely crossing an intersection on her way to work, a car sped around the corner and clipped her rear tire knocking her off the bike. It doesn't appear that she sustained any scratches or road-rash, but does have a banged up ankle. After getting the call, Rob whisked her off to A&E like a knight in shining armor. If you get a moment, send her an email letting her know that you're thinking of her.

It does sort of shake the feeling of invincibility that I have. Sally is the most courteous, safe, and diligent cyclist I've ever seen (she's not a fan of riding down the center lane of the road like I am) and yet she gets clipped in her first 100 kilometers while I ride 2000 without an incident.

On a lighter note, her bike sustained no damage at all, so it'll be waiting in the bike shed garage when she's ready to start commuting again.

1 comment:

Jill Fosness said...

SO much trouble mister!

Three emails this morning, and not one of them telling me what happened to Sally!

And NO MORE riding in the middle of the road!