Tuesday 22 July 2008

In the Trees



For those who were wondering, I did surprise Jill! She claims she knew, but I don't trust her. There was definitely some smiling going on, and she doesn't typically do that if she knows I'm coming.

We had a great week together including her birthday party, some strawberry picking, trips to multiple Apple Stores, and more. One of the best things was actually somewhat accidental. We'd gone out to do some shopping one morning before an interview that Jill was doing. We'd struck out at a couple of stores (although I did go to a HUGE bicycle shop) and we had some time to kill. We didn't feel like eating or going any place special so Jill took us to a public arboretum. It was fantastic! On a hot day, we simply sat among the cool trees and just had some quality time together; something we don't get to do much. I don't really do it very often, but it's always nice when you can relax a bit on vacation.

The trip was too short and I can't wait until she gets here, but it was a great time while I was there.

1 comment:

Jill Fosness said...

I did know!! And you and I both know that the reason I was smiling so much was because I was right! ;) Regardless, it was kinda nice having you around for a few days ;)