Tuesday 15 July 2008

Isle of Wight - Part 2

So tomorrow actually means next week and then some. But as promised here are some statistics and graphs from our Isle of Wight trip. As I looked over some of these graphs, I realized that our newer riders did some serious stuff. From day one, the map:


You can see that day one was pretty short relative to the entire trip. But it was a good thing. We go scones, some sight-seeing and an early finish for the new guys. Even knowing that it was short, you can see by the following graph that there wasn't much flat. We climbed 700m and most importantly climbed one monster hill at the end of the day! We even managed a 15 kph average which was a fair bit faster than I had accounted for.


Day two was a fair bit longer, 67.5 km versus 47.2 km, but again our new guys did really well. I can remember that the first couple of times I went out with Rob and Adrian I was totally shattered at the end of 50km. This time, everyone was hauling gear and the hills were higher I think ;)


You can see that we had an even better average speed on the second day and had quite the insane climb to start the morning. But you can see that touching nearly 55 kph coming back down the hill was pretty fun.


This should finish up the Isle of Wight posts, but I think we're planning a three day trip to Wales later this year, so be on the lookout for more insane cycling.

No comments: