Saturday 22 March 2008

Weather

One of the first things that stuck out at me when I moved here was how cold it was. Now, most Britons will tell you that the weather in Southampton is mild and generally very warm. But compared to Florida, pretty much everywhere is cold. In fact many mornings in February I actually cycled to work while it was below freezing. Here are a couple of pictures of the glass enclosure on my balcony during those days. It's been a long time since I've seen this kind of thing in Florida.


This was in early February and I can deal with that. It's the dead of winter and by the time the sun hit the glass, the ice would be gone. But today was a whole different story. Here it is the end of March and it snowed!. I was sitting in my room doing some work and I noticed a racket in the living room. I walked out and noticed that some sort of precipitation was hitting the windows. Not really understanding what was going on, I walked out on the balcony and noticed that it was snow.




There was no snow predicted for today, but apparently there is for the rest of the weekend.


I wonder if I'm going to be able to take this place next winter.

No comments: