Friday 5 September 2008

Status Report

I realize that I haven't been blogging lately, but it's just because my life's been so boring! I've been staying away from holiday time so I have some saved up for when Jill gets here, but she just doesn't seem to be getting here.

But no longer! This is the week that exciting things start happening.

First, Jill noticed that today the Home Office has finally moved to under a month from her application.

Second, next week I'm going to Cork, Ireland for three days for a conference (in fact I'm putting off doing slides, by blogging).

Third, I go to Budapest at the end of the week to interview some new contractors.

Fourth, I get back to London on Saturday morning just in time to meet my parents at the airport! They're coming over for 10 days to see London and Southwestern England. Expect blogging and photos galore from that trip.

Fifth, sometime over the next two weeks I'm getting a gigantic couch! It's only been 9 months and I'm finally starting to make it feel like home.

That's all about me over the next month, but I feel like I'm so out of touch with the rest of my friends back in the US. What kinds of things are you doing? Anything new? Or just dodging hurricanes?

4 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

"That's all about me over the next month, but I feel like I'm so out of touch with the rest of my friends back in the UK"

You mean us back in the US right? :)

and yes .. hurricane dodging is the popular activity of the summer (and the fall I'm sure)

Ben Hale said...

What? No. It's says US ;) Good luck with Ike!

Kyle said...

Ethan is walking almost all the time, although with a bit of a drunken stagger. Chelsi is in 1/2 marathon training mode. I'm in school (Intro to Malicious Mobile Code this semester) - hoping the professor has room for one more student - and starting to think about how to sneak the word 'pwn' in my thesis.

Nikki said...

Just raising babies over here.