Wednesday 3 December 2008

Thanksgiving

It's been a while since my last post, but I've been doing a million things. I'll have a couple more post today hopefully, with some big news for those who don't know.

But first, Thanksgiving. After waiting for something approaching forever, Jill finally arrived here in the UK with me on the 20th of November. I'm so happy that she's here now, but there has been some adjustment needed between us. I've lived as a bachelor for a long time and now that she's here things are starting to change. I mean, who knew that you need to have a dining table!?

But one of the best parts of having Jill here was that I got to have Thanksgiving with someone who knew what it was all about.


After what I can only imagine was a massively stressful week of adjustment, Jill went all out and made an awesome Thanksgiving dinner for us.  She likes to claim that she's not a good cook, but I don't think I've ever had a turkey that was better than what she made that night.  That, gravy, stuffing (which is not like US stuffing...), mashed potatoes (from scratch), cranberry sauce (from a jar?), and a failed attempt at green bean casserole made one of my most memorable Thanksgivings ever.

And yes, that is an ironing board we're eating on.  I already said that I was getting a new table. :)

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Check out that hottie by your side!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Have fun in Oz! ;)

Nikki said...

Good to see you guys, even over the internet. Glad you captured that fabulous meal eaten off an ironing board. A photo and a memory you will treasure forever. :)

Can't wait to hear your good news and hear all about your travels in Australia!

nicole4fldu@gmail.com said...

Love it... only in the USA is cranberry sauce in a can.